Skip to Main Content
my account

Immigration Law

This guide provides information on Texas and federal immigration laws.

 Applying for Citizenship 

About Applying for Citizenship

The process for a foreign national to become a U.S. citizen is called "naturalization". This page provides links to federal laws that govern the naturalization process and resources that explain eligibility for naturalization, details on the application process, and more. 

Federal Law

Understanding the Law

These resources cover the naturalization process for permanent residents interested in becoming U.S. citizens. 

E-Books from the Texas State Law Library

Many of the e-books available through the State Law Library contain forms or drafting guides.These e-books can be viewed by those who have signed up for a free library account with the State Law Library. Only Texas residents can register for a library account online. Signing up is free.