Skip to Main Content
my account

Small Claims Cases

This legal research guide provides information about small claims cases in justice court and provides links to filing information for select Texas counties.

Turnover Order

Requesting a Turnover Order

If a debtor owns nonexempt property that the creditor cannot obtain by any of the other methods mentioned above, they can request assistance from the court through a turnover proceeding. As governed by Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §31.002, in turnover proceedings the Court may:

If the debtor refuses to comply with the turnover order, the creditor may request the court to enforce the order through contempt proceedings. 

See the resources below for more information.

Texas Law

Court Rules

Understanding the Law